Reservation & Admission
Making a Reservation for Hospitalization
- If you made a reservation to be hospitalized, your hospital ward will call you to tell you the time and day you can start your hospital stay. Please let your hospital ward know if that time and day are okay or not. If you do not let them know, we will think you are not coming and cancel your hospital stay.
- If you need to change the date of your stay for some reason, please call the hospital immediately.
- Please fill out the “Written Pledge of Hospitalization” you received when you made the reservation and bring it with you. Make sure your co-signer (an adult who could pay the bills) and guarantor does not forget to put their stamp or seal on it.
- We will call you to tell you when to begin your stay so please come on that day. All inpatients should come to the "6 Hospitalization Reception" (in the Entrance Hall of the Outpatient Ward) and give the documents listed here to the staff there.
- Patient ID Card
Written Pledge of Hospitalization
Health Insurance Card
Foreign Registration Card
Patient ID Card (a thin plastic card)
Personal Seal (if any. Your signature is also okay.)
Proof of Medical Expenses Assistance(help you get because of designated sickness, sickness occurring in children, etc.)
Proof of Hospital Leave(only if you had stayed in another hospital in the last 3 months.)
- If you will be late arriving in the hospital at the appointed hour, make sure to tell us.
- If you will stay in the hospital because you were injured in a traffic accident, at work, when you were going to work, or you are getting medical welfare assistance (help you get for your or your children’s condition) make sure you tell us at the "6 Hospitalization Reception".
- If you have questions about medical welfare assistance, feel free to ask at the Welfare Desk in the outpatient ward on the 1st floor.
- If there are any changes to, or you have to renew, your Health Insurance Card, please tell the staff at the Ward Service Desk or at the "6 Hospitalization Reception" immediately. Please show your Health Insurance Card again at the beginning of each month to the staff above.
Things You Need in the Hospital
For washingToothbrush, soap, shampoo, comb, shaver, wash bowl, etc.
For eatingChopsticks, spoon, cup, etc.
Clothes and others
Underpants, pajamas, a clothes hanger, shoes(Please do not use the slippers, put on shoes type.),towel, tissue, pen & paper, laundry detergent, etc.
- You can rent hospital pajamas for ¥72 a day. (We will wash them for you 3 times a week in the summer, 2 times a week in the winter, or whenever it gets dirty.)
- You can buy all of these things at the hospital shop. Write your name on anything you bring with you.
Earphones for TV, etc.unnecessary in the case of a private room.
Medications being taken or used and their descriptions (drug information sheets) and “medicine pocketbook”
- Please do not bring a large amount of cash or valuables, such as jewelry, etc., with you.
- Please refrain from bringing in electrical products. Also, the wireless LAN of information communication equipment cannot be used because it is a cause of malfunction of medical equipment.
- Bringing of flammable materials and hazardous materials is strictly prohibited.
Hospital Delivery Service
About the service
- Delivery from your home to your hospital room
- Delivery from your hospital room to your home
- Keeping your things here for a short time
Service Desks and Opening Hours
|Ward Service Desk (each floor)||Weekdays 9:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Convenience Store (Family Mart)
(Outpatient Ward, 1st floor)
|Every Day 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
*Except New Year's Holiday
|Hospital Shop (Keiaidan)
(Westwing Building, 1st floor)
|Weekdays 8:30 am – 8:00 pm|
Yamato Transport Co.
You pay only the normal fees.
A member from the all-women delivery staff will come to your room to help pack your things for free. Boxes are also free.