> Inpatient & Visitor > Room, Meals & Care
Room, Meals & Care
- There are 4 people to each hospital room. Everyone has a side table, TV, small refrigerator, and an over bed table.
You need a pay card to use the TV and refrigerator.
- Please use earphones when watching TV. Please don't watch TV after 9:00pm (light turned off).
- We also have private rooms, but they cost more. If you want one of these, tell your doctor or nurse. However, sometimes these rooms are full.
- Regardless of the time of day you entered or left the hospital, that day counts as one day. (For example, if you stay for one night and 2 days, your fee will be for 2 days.)
- You may be asked to change rooms or wards because of your condition.
- Breakfast is at 8:00 am, lunch at 12:00 pm, and dinner is at 6:00 pm.
- You can use a tea server.
- Your doctor decides the kind of meal, based on your condition. (Normal, children’s, or special (for diabetes, kidney disease, etc.)). Please do not meal or drink other things not on your menu.
- Patients getting a normal meal can choose from a menu. There are menus and instructions on how to order posted at Day Room. Please order by 1:30 pm of the previous day.
- Please return the tray and all to the cart after your eating.
- There might be times when you will have to eat late because your examination or treatment happens at the normal eating time. Please follow the directions of your doctor or nurse.
- Please understand, the meal which passed after serving meals for 2hours is discarded for the protection from food poisoning.
- You need to pay for a served meal after time closing meal order even if do not eat.
The closing meal order as follows.
- 4:15 pm of the previous day
- 9:15 am on that day
- 1:45 pm on that day
Hospital Care and Treatment
- One doctor will be in charge of your treatment, but other doctors will be helping him or her.
- When your main doctor is not there (at night, holidays, etc.) another doctor will be in charge.
- If there is anything you do not understand about your treatment and care, feel free to ask the doctor or nurse to explain it to you.
- Nurses will change 2times a day.
- NST (Nutrition Support Team) will be making sure you get the healthy food you need during your hospital stay.
- As a rule, you don’t need an attendant (someone to stay with you). However, depending on your condition, a family member can stay with you if the doctor says that it is okay.
- You may not have a private nurse that you pay for staying with you.
Stat Call (or “Hurry Call”)
- There is an in-hospital emergency system at this hospital. Sometimes you might hear “Hurry sensei, hurry sensei, shikyu ○○ made kite kudasai.”
- This means a doctor is being called for an emergency. This is a 24 hours system, so please understand that you may hear it at night too.
Inpatient & Visitor