Visiting & Facilities
- Nurse’s Center / Ward Service Desk (each floor)
So patients can rest in quiet, and because they are busy with examinations and treatments, visitors can only come at the set time. Also because of your condition or treatment you may not be able to have visitors, even during visiting hours.
|Weekdays||1:00 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Weekends and holidays
New year's Holidays
|11:00 am – 8:00 pm|
Other things to remember
- Visitors must go to the nurse station before they see you.
- Patients do not have to see visitors if they don’t want to. The hospital will not always give information about the patient to non-family members.
- So sickness doesn’t get spread to others, visitors with a fever, cold or other sickness, and children 12 and under, had better not visit the patient.
- Please do not talk too loud when you have many visitors so you don’t bother other patients.
- Please do not sit on empty beds.
- Please do not eat or drink in the hospital room.
- Please keep visits as short as possible.
- Patients should meet visitors in the Day Room if they can.
- It may refuse bringing a fresh flower arrangement in the hospital ward and the room.
- There is no smoking area inside all hospital buildings and all Maidashi Campus area.
- The parking lot is small so visitors should not use it if they do not have to.
- There is a fee to park there.
- Please be careful about the theft of belongings for your visitor.
- Day Room (each floor)
- Lounge (each floor)
Protection of the Patient’s Privacy
The following rules are for the protection of the patient’s privacy.
- We cannot give out any information about patients by phone. If anyone asks, we will tell them to ask the patient’s family.
- If you do not want visitors, tell the hospital staff at your ward when you first come to the hospital. If anyone comes to ask questions about you at the reception desk, we will reply that we cannot answer.
- Unless you have said that you do not want to meet any visitors, the staff will let people come to see you. You cannot ask the staff to only let some people in, and not others.
Kyushu University Hospital has a shop that sells pajamas, tissue, snacks, and office supplies. There is also a restaurant, cafe, hairdresser, barber and library that visitors can use.
Please see page “Facilities & Parking ”.
Using the University Library
Patients and their families can use the Kyushu University Library to research their sickness or treatments, or for their enjoyment, at any time. Ask the library staff if you need help finding a book or information.
- Branch Library in the Hospital Campus
Weekdays 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Weekends & holidays 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
mid-August, New Year’s holiday
- “ai-no-toshoshitsu(Library Room)”
Patients can use the hospital library (“ai-no-toshoshitsu”) in the south ward on the 4th floor to borrow books or tapes (please bring your own tape player) too. This service is free and run by volunteers.
Mon, Wed, Fri(closed on holidays), 11:00 am – 2:30 pm